Tuesday, April 22, 2008

The Joys of Boys (part 2)

(This post will make a lot more sense if you have already read yesterday's post, The Joys of Boys.)

Poor Persnickety Pete. Getting blamed and blogged about for something he didn't do.

Sweet, innocent Pete. He didn't whiz in the laundry hamper.

He did it in a pair of boots.

And poured the smelly stuff into the laundry hamper.

Multiple times.

Big sigh.

What to do? Well, he's never done anything like this before.

That we know about.

~shudder~

And it's not like he broke our longstanding rule of No-Whizzing-in-Footwear-and-Pouring-It-into-Laundry-
Containers.

To me, this fits squarely under the heading of childish irresponsibility. Still, I felt that there should be some consequences. All I did was have him take several audible whiffs of the boots (my, this seemed effective) and made him throw the boots away (which had to be done anyway).

Thankfully, the boots were his own. I don't think I could have ever forgiven him if they had been my $4500 Louis Vuitton ostrich boots.


(Yeah. Right.)

I've enjoyed hearing everyone else's stories of inappropriate eliminating by their boys. Most involve trash cans or carpet, but my favorite is the one about the air vent in the floor. It took 3 bath towels to sop it up.

I think I can live with throwing a pair of boots away and adding some extra Downy to the laundry.

No comments: