Tuesday, May 13, 2008

WFMW: Calming Injured Children

I always keep a few dark red washcloths handy for minor injuries. Whenever my kids get a bad cut, I use one to stop the bleeding. Because of the dark color, the blood doesn't show up easily and the kids don't freak out as much. Works like a charm!

If you get a chance, check out my "Mess of the Day" posts. Soon I will launch a "Mess of the Month" meme and giveaway. I will post a Mr. Linky, and you all can publish pics of the messes that YOUR little darlings have made. I'll pick a winner and send them a gift!

Here are my previous WFMW posts:

Choosing a Phone Number
What NOT to Soak Contacts In
Broken Glass Cleanup
Cheap Rolling Cart for Conventions
Chocolate Recipes
Tooth-Tugging Tip for Terrified Tots
Handy Earache Relief
Uses for Leftover Bread
Leaky Diaper/Pull-up Fix
Snack Mix Recipe (at the end of the post)
Awesome Stain Recipe
(at the end of the post)
"Fun"damentals of Family Life
Removing Wite-Out from Everything
When NOT to Save Money
Public Service Announcement

For more WFMW tips, stop by Shannon's blog.

7 comments:

Daiquiri said...

Oh, that really IS a good idea! I might have to buy some red cloths just for that purpose! It's true...the first thing they do is check the cloth for signs of "bleedy" :)

BTW...I thought for sure I was finally going to be first, but you beat me, you brat ;) lol!

Amanda said...

That's a good one! I have a couple dark red washcloths. I'll have to designate those "boo-boo cloths".

Thanks for the tip!

Unknown said...

That is a brilliant idea! Just what I need with the summer's bumps and bruises on their way.

Thanks.

Michelle@Life with Three said...

That is really smart! My son freaks out when he sees even a drop of blood. I was just at the dollar store the other day -- I wish I had read this then. Oh, well -- I'm adding them to my list. Thanks for sharing!

Anonymous said...

What a great idea! I'll have some burgundy washclothes; I need to set them aside for this.

Colored With Memories said...

Thanks for the tip! I hate knowing that I will have plenty of opporunities to use it!

Anonymous said...

That is a wonderful idea. I don't know why I haven't done it before -- my mom was a nurse in a V.A. hospital and she fought for years (unsuccessfully) to get them to start using red towels for traumas. Don't know why I didn't think to do that for my own children!