Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Leaky Diaper Fix


I am a nut for household hints. I have read nearly every book by Heloise from cover to cover, just for fun. (This has come in handy at times. A friend who knew of my obsession called me when her daughter got Flarp stuck in her hair. I told her to rinse her hair in vinegar and it worked like a charm!)

Works for Me Wednesday, hosted by Rocks in my Dryer, is a weekly list of links to hints posted by other bloggers. I am hooked! Here is my contribution for this week:

Leaky Diaper Fix
My son still needs to wear a pull-up at night. I used to be so frustrated with having to change the sheets, mattress pad and sometimes even all the blankets and comforter every day due to the pull-up overflowing and leaking. I tried limiting his fluids after 6pm, but it didn't help and only made him feel deprived.

I solved the problem by buying Depend Boost Inserts (found in the incontinence/adult diaper section of the store). They are basically like thick, absorbent maxi pads without the plastic lining. I place one high in the front of his pull-up with the end of the pad flush with the waistband of the pull-up; the adhesive strip holds it firmly in place. (If I were using it for a girl I would place it exactly in the middle of the crotch.) It works beautifully! I buy them at Wal-Mart ($4.38 for a package of 20).

Just this week I heard of a product called Diaper Doublers which accomplishes the same thing, although I don't think they have an adhesive strip and therefore can shift around. I have never seen them at Wal-Mart, but I understand that many drugstores carry them.

4 comments:

Mamacita said...

What a neat thing - I don't have a little one in diapers anymore but this is good to know and pass on. :)

Anonymous said...

Thats a cool idea! My niece is 4 but although she has been pottytrained for years, she still sleeps in a diaper at night because she tends to wet the bed. She fits in the largest size of diapers, and they work better than pull-ups!

Anonymous said...

What worked for us was to fold over a microfleece towel (automotive aisle at Target) in half and then in thirds. Washable and is used for other purposes now.

HTH!

Rebecca

Anonymous said...

Awesome idea!! Thank you so much! I'm hoping it'll work. My daughter is still in diapers, and even with the over nights AND a rubber diaper cover (The kind you use for clothe diapers) she is STILL leaking EVERYWHERE!! I'll have to give that a shot! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! I was out of ideas. :)